Wednesday 2 April 2014

A Look At MUA

Hello Again,
I have to say that I am classically English and I cannot help but love a good bargin. What I don't like are things that are cheap; and by cheap I mean bad quality products. Its the old "You get what you pay for" thing.
 I have to say this did make me quite apprehensive about trying the newest brand addition in Superdrug (although its not that new anymore). MUA ~Makeup Academy has a large range of different beauty products. I have to say I have only dipped into the huge variety and do recommend you go and find out what works best for you. As with every brand things are different for everyone and there are things I may not recommend.
HOWEVER, for the price you are paying you really can't go wrong.
Enjoy...
First of all the first thing I ever bought from them. A lipstick. It was only like £1.00 and I used it everyday. I was a slightly rosy neutral pink. I WISH I could tell you what it was called but I've had it so long I can't even read it. It was from the original kind-of collection.
It was quite pigmented and I would 100% recommend them to anyone wanting to start their collection. However I may not buy them again. Personally, I prefer to spend a little more and have more pigmented and more moisturising products. I did find that, as I am prone to chapped lips, it did begin to dry them out.

Displaying image.jpeg
Displaying image.jpeg

I also have a neutral eye shadow palette. It has a very nice range of very pigmented colours. They are perfect for a shimmery Smokey look for a night out. However something that is missing is more understated colours. They do other palettes with matte eye shadows that I may pick up in the next few weeks, as I have been needing a natural palette. I been drooling over the Urban Decay Basics palette but for the moment they are just too much money. I may splash out on one for my end of school Prom but not for the minute. if this does happen I won't just write a post I will probably create a freaking essay. Anyway...for £4.oo this product is very good and the colours really are very pigmented. (excuse the state of the lid. On a particularly uncomfortable plane journey the lid fell off and a liquid eyeliner spilt everywhere...yay). Oh, also, for 12 eye shadows that is a very good price anyway!

Displaying image.jpeg
Displaying image.jpeg

Next thing is mascaras, I have 3 that I have tried from MUA.

Displaying image.jpeg

First of all is the Waterproof Mascara. I have to say I was exceedingly disappointed with this and would not recommend it. I understand that for £1.00 you can't have high expectations but before I had been very impressed with the quality of the products.
My first and very predominant problem with it is that it isn't waterproof. Like; at all. Now...call me picky but for me a waterproof mascara really does need to stop my mascara coming off in water since that was the whole reason for buying it in the first place.
But you know; maybe that's just me.
My second problem with it is that it didn't work. It really did nothing. I wear mascara to open up my eyes and make me look well...not dead. It just made my eyelashes look wet and it was really uncomfortable as it just felt as if they were in front of my eyes. I don't know I just would not recommend it at all.

Displaying image.jpeg

The second mascara is the 'Extreme Curl' mascara. I was reasonably impressed with this. I think it was around £2.00 or £3.00 which for a mascara is insanely good. I didn't feel as though my eyelashes were particularly curled but they definitely were much more defined. I wouldn't buy it again for me but would definitely recommended it for starting up.

Displaying image.jpeg

Lastly is the MUA MEGA Volume Mascara. I have bought this 3 or 4 times and I still love it. I am going to branch out and try another mascara in the next few weeks but I will always keep one of these in my 'extra' bag. It has the same effect as the Maybelline Colossal Volume for a fraction of the price. I think it is around £2.00; honestly when you are next at your loca Superdrug get yourself one of these in Ultra black or whatever their version is. You will not regret it. I still can't get over the quality of it for the amount I have paid.

Displaying image.jpeg

The last thing is a Bronzer.
I have never really used bronzer before so I thought I would pick up a simple one to get the hang of it. Although I would probably get a different one when I finish it but it is nothing to do with the quality of the product. It is purely to branch out and to try more things. The Mosaic bronzer was probably around £4.00 and has lasted me a good few months as I think I got it around December. It does exactly what I need and lasts nicely throughout the day. it is very pigmented but not in any way over powering. I would definitely recommend this to someone if they were like me and wanted to expand their makeup collection.   ( I know this is dirty too but lets just say its well loved).

Displaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpeg

I know its a fairly short one this week (and may or may not be a day late) but I hope you enjoyed it!
Let us know what your favourite brand is, whether it is high-street or designer.

Toodle-oo
Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment