Wednesday 16 April 2014

Barry M Reviews

Many of us know and love the glorious brand that has graced the shelves for many years. They have a wide range of products to suit all types of tastes and styles. I fear I have only dipped my toe into the pool of Barry M.
I know I'm slightly exaggerating as there are of course superior brands but then you do pay the superior price.
For a few pounds a pop I feel you can't go wrong with completing your summer look with a Barry M nail polish or lipstick. I don't have a single complaint about their products and would highly recommend them. A few of their products are definitely going in my summer ESSENTIALS.
 
I shall begin with Nail Polish. There are so many that I have bookmarked from their website that I am super excited to try as soon as I can get my hands on them!
The first set is from their Gelly-Hi Shine. I bought these on a day out with Isabelle and we were both very happy with them. They are definitely more durable than most varnishes I have tried however I did need to reapply on small chips after 3 or 4 days-this could be because we are on full revision mode so chipping is a bit more common.
I have 4 of these at the moment in a dark purple 'PLUM 325' ; in a nice bright orange 'PAPAYA 343' ;also in a pastel blue 'BLUEBERRY 338' ; then lastly in a nude colour 'LYCHEE 349' this is by far my favourite it goes with everything and is just so easy to wear. They were around £3 or £4 but I can't quite remember but for the quality you get either way is a total bargin.
 
 The other two I have is just from the original Nail Paint collection. These are very good. They were about £2.99 which is amazing. Just like the Hi Shine they are of a very high standard. I would recommend a base coat with these just to give them a little boost. I would definitely call these a summer must as they are little bottles so perfect for travelling or for a touch-up down the beach if needs be. I got a fairly bright pink 'STRAWBERRY 309' but it does come out a lot more neutral. I do like this as it is perfect as a base for some 'nail arty' things but also with a Matte Top Coat to finish them off. I also got a white as I have seen this around a lot and hadn't yet joined the hype. I think this will be nice in the summer when I've got a bit of a tan going to really make it stand out. Like the pink it is perfect as a base for any cute summer patters. It is 'MATT WHITE 66'. This is a really nice matte colour. I might try it with a glossy top coat to give it a bit of variation but so far so good.
I'm really excited to try their new Silk Nail Effects Nail Paint they have lovely pearly colours. You can check them out and let us know what you think? http://www.barrym.com/products/nails/effects/silk-nail-paint.html
 
Of course the last 2 things are lipstick. My favourite things in the world.
One of these I saw in a video by Carrie Fletcher (ItsWayPastMyBedtime) and I had to try it. Isabelle will tell you how OBSESSED I have become with this lipstick. Initially it is green 'TMLP'. I know-I know. I love to whip that out and watch peoples reactions as they think I'm actually going to give myself green lips. I mean that would be a step too far don't you think? Anyway...It actually changes depending on your PH balance. It only differentiates from person to person it wont be a totally different colour each time you use it. Isabelle glories in telling me each time how much it HASN'T changed(Isn't she funny). There, obviously, isn't a dramatic change between each person but it truly is a lovely colour. It is a deep pink colour and its so cute. I have to say it is THE most long lasting lipstick I have ever had(they both are) and it isn't even in their specification. I have found myself forgetting to take it off and then looking in the mirror the next morning AFTER a shower and it still have bits their. It may not be much but enough.
 The next one is a dark red with pink-y undertones. It is lovely. It is more wintery but I'll find a way to make it work through spring and summer. There is not much to say about it since I wittered away so much about the other one. Again I am very impressed and will definitely buy from their range again. I think the lipsticks were around £3.99? Something like that but that is seriously good value for money!

I hope you liked this post. If you have any suggestions let us know and don't forget to follow us to be updated on when we next post and share our posts around if you enjoyed them.
Lots of Love as always
Toodle-oo
Izzy

2 comments:

  1. This brand seems so cool. I love the idea of the TMLP lipstick. Wish we had this brand in the US. :( haha love the post xx. Alyssa

    ReplyDelete