Tuesday 25 February 2014

A Little Update

Hello, it's the end of the month and we are doing our little favourites...together! 
 
First of all for me. I (Izzy) did finally take the plunge and gave into getting a Topshop Lipstick and I have to say I have not been disappointed. I got it in Beatnik it is a darker neutral shade of pink. It is a very creamy texture but without being heavy and sticky. Being 16 this is a pricier Lipstick at around £7.00 however I do have my eye on some more for summer especially the cute pale pinks. They are very pigmented and I have definitely found that my lips feel in a better condition as they are very moisturising. 
I do have to say that for the amount I've paid (as I ordered it) I was expecting more, there is a very small amount of product. Due to the long lasting effects of the Lipstick and the durability of the colour it is easy to over look this. 
As always the Topshop packaging is very cute and still practical. Overall I would definitely recommended them and I have to say I do understand the hype! 
In a weird way it also smells and tastes yummy, it is quite sweet and just makes it even better.  



In preparation for summer I have been trying to take better care of my hair. I, unlike Isabelle, have always had short and thin hair. So I have been searching the internet in search of an affordable shampoo and treatment that would make a difference to the condition of my hair. 
I discovered the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Protein Shampoo and Treatment. I went through 114 reviews and none had a bad word to day. 
The first thing I noticed when opening the product was the smell. It is fruity but not overpowering and it makes your hair smell fresh and sweet. It's a lovely to have fresh smelling and smooth hair and that is something that both these products provide. 
I have only been using it for a few weeks but my hair has felt softer and stronger from the first wash. I am not expecting miracles and am giving it at least a month to see any major changes. I am already so pleased as my hair just feels so much nicer and stronger. It may not be something I will re-purchase too often for the simple fact of price. The shampoo was £6.99 and the 5 minute rinse treatment was £7.99 they are both reasonable prices but I will need to make sure it is worth it of course. That is definitely something I will write about again. 


This month both of us discovered the band American Authors. I would say that they are in the indie category and are similar to Kodaline, Imagine Dragons and possibly even The 1975. There full album is being released in June but the 5 songs they have released are a very good listen!

Everyone loves a good perfume and I have fallen in love! Alien by Thierry Mugler is my definite favourite! Not only does it smell incredible it has adorable packaging. It could easily fit in a handbag without loosing the amount of product in it. It is a light smell but without being sweet or fruity. It could almost be musky but they tend to be heavier. It is hard to describe but it reminds me of a Burberry perfume. It is perfect for all occasions and works through summer and winter. I cannot get over how much I love it but I cannot describe the smell. Obviously rest it out first but I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a subtle but not understated scent for Spring. 

Whereas the perfume I (Isabelle) have been loving is the Our Moment perfume by One Direction. I didn't get this perfume just because it is by One Direction but instead for the smell. I enjoy a really sweet flowery scent that is strong but not too strong, and I have found these qualities in this perfume. Not only that but the bottle the perfume is in is really cute as well. So even if you hate One Direction, you can get the perfume and just burn the packaging!




Hope you enjoyed! Let us know what your favourites are?


Toodle-oo
Isabelle and Izzy


No comments:

Post a Comment