Saturday 4 January 2014

My nail varnish experiences


We always hesitate to buy nail varnishes as it can be hard to know what the end result will be. So we thought, why not share our experiences.


To start with, there's Barry M. From my experience, Barry M has been one of the best nail varnishes I have yet used. I think that both the glitter polishes ( pink sapphire and B 251) go extremely well on on top of a purple or a green base, but the goldmine glitter (black and gold) goes best on its own. I most recently tried a Barry M Gelly nail paint in the colour blackberry , as Zoella had recommended them, saying they stayed on for longer than normal nail paints. However I found that they were no different from normal nail paints, unless you put on an extra thick coat as they only stayed without chips for about 2 to 3 days. They are however fantastic value for money as I think they were about £3.99 from Superdrug.



I was surprised at how good the quality of the 2true Crystal nail polish was. I borrowed it from my older sister and was surprised when I looked at the brand name after I had used it, as I expected it to be an expensive one. I find that it looks best as a single nail on the third finger, while the surrounding colour on the other nails is a pale blue.



Another surprise was at the quality of the Primark nail varnish. I found the crackle nail varnish went well on top of any other dark colour and it serperated virtually straight away, however i would recommend using a clear top coat if you don't already.

I bought the angelica nail colour in the shade marshmellow as I wanted a pastal pink for the summer. It was only after I used it that I realised it was a matte effect one. I thought I would hate having no shine but it grew on me and I learnt to like it.



The best nail polish I have come across is Topshop. They are perfect if you need something that will last. They are a little bit more expensive but it is definitely fair pricing considering the quality. They range from £5 to around £6.50.


 I also have 4 Rimmel London lasting finish varnishes (in Tangy Tangerine, Moon Walking, Disco Ball and Azure). They give a good colour with a few coats. However with these I recommend a clear top-coat as they chip within a few days.


I did not, however, enjoy the New York Colour quick dry polishes or the Natural collection nail polishes. The two are very similar and i found that although they lasted around 3-4 days with few chips they are very runny and do not give a pigmented finish, in fact it took 3 or 4 coats to get proper coverage from them.
Isabelle :-)
Toodle-oo



No comments:

Post a Comment