Saturday 11 January 2014

A Few Lipstick Reviews

Something I cannot help but love is lipsticks. After watching countless Youtubers and reading blogs I fell in love with the cute colours. Although my collection is small it is growing. They aren't the cheapest things for a sixteen year old and a baby pink and dark red is definitely missing from my collection. 


My favourite at the moment has got to be the NV Chunky Crayon in Plum. I got this from Boohoo.com on a whim to get a free dilivery deal as it was only a few pounds off. I didn't have very high expectations but it does last all day however it may need reapplying if you are going out to eat. It has a nice matte feel but doesn't dry out your lips. It is really pigmented and for what you are paying there is a lot in the stick as you do not need to use much at a time. 



I am also a really big fan of Rimmel products in general and especially their lipsticks. I love long lasting lipsticks as you do not have to waste it constantly reapplying so when they brought out their 'Lasting Finish Lipstick' I could not wait to try it. I have it in 058. It is a rose pink with a slight shimmer. It can dry out your lips if you do not use chapsticks and lip balms in between. It lasts quite a while but if i'm out for a lo0ng time I do find myself having to reapply it. They are around £8.00, this is a bit more expensive for a high-street brand but it a perfect alternative to more expensive options.



I cannot resist a bright coral in summer so the Maybelline COLOURsensational was ideal. The vibrant colours last all day. I have Coral Tonic(422) its is a bright pinky-coral. It has a moisturizing rich colour and tastes amazing, although, I cannot put my finger on what it is. The casing is really cute and it is definitely my go to lipstick in summer.  It is around the same price as the Rimmel lipsticks.



The Collection 2000 lipsticks are alright, i'm not the biggest fan, the colour does not last long but is okay for a quick trip out. The Volume Sensation tends to dry out my lips. I have it in Tea Rose(12) it is a slightly pink-brown. I also have the Deluxe colour in Prohibition (01).  This is a nice red-pink and I would definitely suggest this as a cheaper option as they were both around £3.00. 




I know some people have hundreds of lipsticks but I am hoping to try and get a bigger range of colours throughout the year to help give you all an idea for cheaper lipsticks that are still a good quality.



(Rimmel Drop Of Sherry, NV Colour Plumb, Maybelline Coral Tonic, Collection 2000 Tea Rose, Collection Deluxe Prohibition)

I am also very keen to try the Topshop lipsticks in pink. They have also been recommended and all of their cosmetics are of an unexpectedly good quality for a high-street shop. 


What lipsticks would you recommend? Whether they are designer or high-street let us know in the comments below. 
Toodle-oo
Izzy


No comments:

Post a Comment