Sunday 4 January 2015

Depop

I thought that today I would share with you my most recent obsession. Depop. It is a new app that has a similar concept as E-bay in that, you can sell and buy second hand clothing. However, there is no bidding and you contact the seller directly.
I know when a lot of people hear second hand they think, well it's all going to be a load of crap but it's really not. You just have to look for the right things, most people use it to make room in their closet and to give things they never wear to a good home. 
A lot of bloggers have hopped on the band-wagon for this one. 
Everything is so cheap, it's perfect for me as I'm going to college in September. I realised I had massive gaps in my wardrobe where I had been so used to wearing uniform for the past 11 years. 
Now I'm starting this new part of my life I really, REALLY, want to get my 'style' together and sell old clothes I never wear and that don't fit into what I want my style to be. 
I do have a few tips to avoid scammers though! 

-Do not 'swap'. This is where you exchange items with other sellers. Only do this is you are 100% certain of the person as you may find you send an item and they will not send yours and there's nothing you can do. 
-Make it clear that, unless you are willing to, you do not do refunds. 
- Be sure people you are buying from have past reviews and will give you a Proof Of Postage. 

My Depop is IzzyCatherine, there is no seller fees through August so now could be a good time to set yourself up an account! 

Toodle-oo
Izzy 

No comments:

Post a Comment