Friday 4 July 2014

Summer Lookbook

We're back!
Exams are finally over and we decided to come back in true blogger fashion. The end of exams also means we get 2 and a half months of summer holiday so we're not complaining!
 We decided to each pick 4 outfits and create our very own Lookbook. (We did soon realise this consisted largely of Primark) 
We will also try to link what we can below each picture.
 We picked things that we find easy to wear and are comfortable in and that really represent our individual 'style'. 
DISCLAMIER: We know that we look a bit awkward in some of the pictures but this is our first time doing this and although there may not be that many people reading we still love doing this!
Enjoy...
My first outfit was from a mixture of shops. I think this top is my favourite as it can be worn casual or you can put the top with jeans and wear it out to dinner.
The top is from new look and its so light and floaty with a beautiful pattern. However, I do think that it is a bit pricey at £14.99 for the material you get. The shorts are just simple navy blue high waisted from H&M and were brilliant at £12.99. I have also styled it with simple accessories. 



 I decided to keep it simple for my first outfit and went for a slightly distressed blue skater skirt with a simple white crop top. I often find that in the UK you need an outfit that can still mean you're prepared for a cold turn. I'm sad to say I often find myself packing tights and a jumper for the British summer beach trip.
I love a skater skirt because I think it can be flattering for all shapes. Its easy to style with a simple crop top or cropped jumper or with a baggy tucked in cami or t-shirt.
Similar skirt
Crop top
Sunglasses




This outfit is similar to my previous one but with different colours. The top is again from new look at the same price (I just live these floaty short tops). My white high waisted denim shorts are about 3 years old from Kylie but similar ones can be purchased in most shops.  My jacket is also old and used to be my mums but the label says New Look and New Look do still sell denim jackets.
I absolutely love this outfit as put with white jeans it can be worn out for a meal but kept with shorts it still looks quite formal yet still casual. 
I haven't been able to find the top on the New look website but I did purchase it recently.


Displaying photo 1.JPGDisplaying photo 2.JPG 
This is probably my favourite outfit I own. This pinafore style playsuit is just so versatile and easy to wear. In summer you can pair with some caged sandals like I have here2 and a crop top or with tights and a long sleeve top. Of course there's a spring version somewhere in-between. It is a floaty light fabric and is super comfortable. You can also pair it with a cute collar shirt or a brighter colour if you're feeling brave. I also like how easy it is to dress it up or down. With a shirt and heels this is killer for a night out but I also just chuck it over a bikini and wander down to the beach which is perfect too!
Sandals
Top
I got the playsuit in the sale earlier this year so couldn't find it but it was from Asos and I would HIGHLY recommend you check it out.


This outfit is all from H&M (except the wellies!).
The crop top was about £4/5 which it great for the quality. In our H&M they were only in sizes small, medium, large and extra large. This is quite annoying as I needed an extra small but none were available meaning my top isnt figure hugging. But for the price I can't really complain! My shorts were brilliantly priced at £5.99 which, for the quality, is great. They are, however, extremely short! They are so cute with their side zip and pockets.
Patterned shorts 



I know this playsuit looks too big for me but it is very much a throw on and chill outfit, it's perfect for going down the beach for an hour or going for a walk like we did today. I really think the wellies make the outfit haha. Another essential for anyone venturing into the unpredictable British weather.
We had a walk down some streams in the woods near where we live and couldn't pass up on the photo opportunity.
The playsuit was from Primark and unfortunately they don't have an online website which pains me. (Please Primark make an online shop-for us?) I think it was around £12.00 if you pop into your local store and have a look. I would suggest going a size smaller than what you usually are as they aren't true to size. I have to say what really drew me to this playsuit was the back of it. It is quite low and then has a small zip and then a cute cut-out which I think is super cute.


This is a simple but pretty, comfy and floaty playsuit from primark. I find its perfect to just throw on over your bikini if your going to beach or even throwing on a denim jacket and wearing it out shopping! As its strapless I like to style it with a simple neckless just so my upper chest doesn't look too bare. I actually think it goes well with the wellies and looks rather sweet. The playsuit was around £5 and is great value for money. 

Displaying photo 2.JPGDisplaying photo 1.JPG

I was unsure about this outfit but its comfy so oh well. I find 'tube' skirts are really easy to style all year round. They are always cheap and you can pair them with basically anything. To me they are an essential. I also have a plain black one and a blue and black diamond patterned one. I would highly recommended getting some as basics as they are really cheap and each season brings new styles. I'm keeping my eye on a midi length version that's much brighter that I noticed on Boohoo.
The top is,again, from Primark and I think it was around £4.00 but they are always changing stock so I'm certain they'll have alternatives. I would definitely suggest looking at Missguided and Forever21.
The skirt is from H&M but I don't think they still stock the colour but there are loads in Primark for £3/4.

Isabelle's Summer Wish List
flowery shorts
High waisted pale denim shorts
high waisted jeans
Jelly sandals 

Izzy's Summer Whish List
Crochet jumper
Mint Jeans
Joni Jeans
Naked Basics
Chelsea Boots

Also we would love it if you checked out wantfeed! It is a fantastic new website where you can find, share and buy things you love and we cannot get enough of it! Let us know what you think.

Songs or the week: Newton Faulkner- Dream Catch Me and Write It On Your Skin

Thank you for reading, don't forget to follow and share!
For any enquiries you can contact us at izzelle101@gmail.com

Let us know what your summer essentials are in the comments...


Toodle-oo
Isabelle and Izzy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment